Friday, October 21, 2011

Azazel in Love

How long have I been a demon in love?
How long since I first saw your pale beauty?

I was rejected by God up above
I became a creature of cruelty.

That is when I saw who you would become
While learning the paths of the Divine Will.

Your wit was sharp and your tongue never dumb.
To have your beauty any girl would kill.

Bought you sought to destroy my bretheren
Your blade drew blood for the great rejector.

I was jealous of your place in Heaven
But wanted to become your protector.

The Princes set a bounty on your head
From the time before you were even born.

Ev'ry demon came and was defeated
You even turned some with your lack of scorn.

You were quite the precious and gentle child
It even hurt me to try to hurt you.

As the years passed, you never became wild.
You stayed precious as well as tranquil too.

I sought to bring you over to my side,
Away from The Rejector of Heaven.

You followed my logic as time did bide,
You learned things not allowed by God to men.

Several times I broke your spirit of trust
And I got you to doubt his existence.

I would not let you hurt from a sword's thrust,
But I did hurt you with logic and sense.

And yet you stick to your belief in him
You will never forget that he loves you.

My love for you is not based on whim
I long for when, my bidding, you will do.

Your spark of the divine will never die
You will always be beautiful to me.

We'd be one if not for the One on High
You will always haunt me with your beauty.

The day will come when we will have to fight.
We will try to kill each other that day.

I do not know that you could compete with my might,
But by my side, you shall forever stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and criticisms are welcomed.