Thursday, August 28, 2014

An Ode to Green Eyes

In a flash it came and in a flash it left.
That which would have been.
That which Fate did not choose for either of us. 
Lost to us therein.


Another fate and we would be together. 
We would be mirthful.
We'd been able to be happy forever. 
With nothing hurtful. 

That is the path Fate could have set us upon. 
But her die eschewed. 
But she decreed different lives for each of us. 
Who could know her mood? 

I know you observed the flash as well as I.
Your face said it all. 
Your eyes showed the same joy and regret as mine. 
My heart tried to call. 

But I cannot complain about Fate's choices.
For they brought me love. 
For they gave me a good and true husband. 
Who's a cut above. 

A momentary glimpse at what might have been. 
We share forever. 
We were not meant - to - be in this dimension. 
Lost endeavor. 

I could not wish for a different world, though. 
I love my bridegroom. 
I know you would not wish things to change, either. 
Happiness in bloom. 

A moment only, always and forever. 
Fate offered a glimpse. 
Fate gave us our greatest desires for love. 
A love without limps. 

So though we shared a moment of a lifetime, 
We go or own way.
We go to our lovers' arms and think no more
About this strange day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and criticisms are welcomed.